Tuesday 26 January 2016

My 10 Things Jan 2016

 


The 10 Things linky, hosted by the lovely Stevie from A Cornish Mum Blog was one of the first Linkys I took part in when I started blogging and is one of my favourites. When I had a blogging slump earlier in the year Stevie tagged me to do My 10 Photos that Make me Happy, I'd planned to use that for my end of year, My 10 Things post. Time and technology put paid to that.



With my rekindled blogging enthusiasm, and a clear direction and goals for the blog in 2016 I thought I'd do a My Blogging Wishlist/Goals instead.


  1. A Laptop - Nothing fancy like an iMac. All I need is a decent sized screen and fairly lightweight, a Chromebook would be awesome.
  2. Some lovely bloggers let me loose to write guest posts. Amanda at Ginger Mum let me write a post on Gender Neutral Clothes, I'd love to write some more guest posts this year. The fabulous Absolutely Prabulous is launching a Guest Blogger series #TheOopsFiles, so I've a post in mind.
  3. A decent camera phone - I'm currently using a Microsoft Lumia 535 with a measly 5mp camera. I'd love an Android smartphone/phablet with a 20mp lens. Like the Samsung Galaxy S6.
  4. Go self hosted. Much as I like blogger, in order to progress with the blog I really need my own domain name and the personalisation the comes from being self hosted.
  5. Break into the Tots100 top 500. This may be a slightly unrealistic goal. I'm currently at 935! With regular posting, joining more linkys and using buffer to schedule tweets. This is certainly achievable.
  6. A Fancy Header. I read lots of blogs, and if I'm honest, some of their headers have me green with envy. Like these ones that Ellie at Sea  creates. 
  7. A Stockpile of Posts. Generally I find myself having to write and publish posts straight away. I'd love to be organised enough to have a few drafts that just need a quick edit before publishing.
  8. Earn some money from the blog. I've been lucky to have some fab brands ask me to review their products. Gummee GloveBaker Days, and Pregna Pillows to name a few. I'd like to be in a position to have paid advertisers / sponsors by the end of the year.
  9. Attend a blogging event. Britmums, BloggerconfIRL or one of Irish Blogger Associations events and of course The Dad Networks Day of the Dad event. Everything I've read about them leads to me believing they are fantastic and if nothing else, it would be great to meet some of the other bloggers.
  10. Lastly but not least, this one is more of an aspiration than a goal/wishlist item. Have a post featured on one of the big sites.MumsnetHuffington Post or similar.
Well there they are. Do you think I'm being realistic or is it too much too soon? 

I'll see you next month and update you on my progress.

buzzoole code

6 comments:

  1. I write and post too,have never got round to having more than 1 post on the go at the same time!I love Ellie's headers too they look so lovely don't they.Fingers crossed with Tots,I keep getting so close to the top 500 then dropping back down lol #tenthings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad its not me lol. I just know posts would be so much better if I had a few days after writing to re read and edit.

      Yes you really have to work at posting and promoting daily to move up the Tots100.

      Thank for reading and commenting.

      Delete
  2. As I said on le Twitter earlier, my kids are my pride and joy but getting on the Huff was a close second. Good luck with all of these. Good to set blog goals and these are good blog goals to set :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Between you and me Prabs I got stuck for number 10 so put that one in there. Not expecting to achieve if this year, but you never know. Stranger things have happened.

      Thanks for reading and commenting.

      #LarryLightweight

      Delete
  3. Brilliant goals and it sounds like you'll be busy ;) 935 on Tots is brilliant by the way, it is out of over 8000 (someone said it may even be 10.000) blogs! So well done and good luck with your list :)

    Stevie

    ReplyDelete
  4. P.S Thanks for linking up to #TenThings!

    ReplyDelete