Thursday 30 April 2015

Why Having A Girl Is OMG For Me



Why does the thought of having a girl terrify me?



My mother is a girl, my sister (who I spent seventeen years with) and still speak to and visit, is a girl.

Although I went to an all boys boarding school, I remember living for trips out into the world, specifically so we could meet girls. Most of my closest friends are female and I get on better with the girls at work. So I'm not against girls as a rule. I admire female athletes, actresses, businesswomen and politicians.

So why then does the prospect of the newest addition to my family being a girl scare the bejesus out of me.

Is it because I know what men and boys are like and am worrying far ahead of my time?
Is it because I see the girls on Facebook posting selfies in hot pants and skimpy tops?

Am I worried that because she's a girl I will automatically see her as weaker and needing more care and attention than her brothers?

Is it because I won't be able to spend as much time with my little man having to share my time and love with her?

Then there's the worry about "The Media", " Bullying", "Having to be in the popular clique" not to mention internet predators, perverts, etc.

Now I know I'm being melodramatic here, all of those also apply to the boys. Are they able to handle all this better?

As someone on anti depressants I can attest that males are just as likely to suffer problems so surely that is not the reason.

All I know is that I am going to cling to that very slim chance "They can be wrong!" for the next week or so until she arrives.

Then the fun begins and I'll be here blogging my journey and hers till I work it out, or the OMG turns into Thank God.

Hopefully that Eureka moment will happen before I walk her up the aisle on her wedding day!

No comments:

Post a Comment